Beginner Garment Sewing Class #1
In this class we will be making a relaxing pair of Pajama pants or shorts.
We will be learning to
• Fitting the design using measurements, evaluating the pattern and as we are sewing it.
• Understand Pattern directions, markings on Pattern and basic terminology
• How to read the fabric layout and cutting out the garment. Understanding Fabric Grainline.
• Cutting out and marking if needed
• Sewing a seam and finishing it so it does not unravel.
• Making a Hem
• Making a casing for Elastic
Students do not have to have the garment cut out as we will learn this in class. Please prewash your fabric.